- The mutual neglect between political scientists and economists on the grey zone of global political economic issues have not been solved. Political scientists often overlook the effects of economic rationale, while economists frequently ignore the political consequences of economic policies.
- The problems of the mutual neglect between politics and economy have induced various thorny issues. This research office aims to explore some of these intriguing issues in the field of global political economy.
- Trade policy and national power
- Foreign direct investment (FDI) and national security
- Regional integration and regional security
- The developmental state and industrial policy